Proposal Manager* 9/25/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Wakefield, MA
The proposal manager is a crucial position within the company, responsible for leading proposal development and related support processes for all assigned pursuits. The proposal manager oversees and is responsible for the quality and timeliness of persuasive, compliant technical and cost proposal volumes, and associated activities, including Request for Proposal (RFP) analysis, kick-off meetings, status calls, proposal development, reviews, production, etc.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
The proposal manager manages all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; coordinates inputs from technical, contracts, and finance departments; and coordinates internal reviews with upper management. There will be periods when the manager may have to oversee the development and coordination of multiple proposals at once.
* Manage the entire proposal development lifecycle, including planning, organizing, development, and compliance
* Create proposal templates, outlines, compliance matrices, and production checklists
* Develop the proposal schedule and maintain visibility on progress
* Coordinate and prepare proposal meetings and reviews
* Working with business development and capture staff, support development of win themes and discriminators
* Manage proposal document production (printing, binding, shipping, etc.) as necessary.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for authors and teammates regarding proposal activities; provide guidance to and proofread/edit material submitted by authors to ensure a quality document is developed; write or edit corporate information, resumes, and project descriptions
Additionally, the proposal manager will:
* Follow the corporate proposal processes, and recommend changes and improvements as appropriate
* Analyze post-delivery and/or award feedback, and recommend improvements to the proposal process.
* Assist in maintaining content management system.
* Bachelor's degree with strong project management, writing/editing skills, and command of English grammar.
* Minimum 5-7 years of experience in the development of large, complex proposals, preferably DoD/government proposals
* Excellent people skills; able to work with internal and external teams of varying sizes, technical abilities, and levels of authority
* Thorough, detail-oriented, and organized with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize
* Keen understanding of government and commercial procurement processes
* A quick and eager learner
* Strong management presence, able to effectively deal with peers and superiors to deliver effective proposal products
* Excellent multi-tasking abilities; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously along with a positive attitude
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to understand and verify compliance
* Skilled in proposal management, coordination, and production
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
* Experience in developing large-scale, government and/or DoD proposals, including comprehensive Systems
* Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) and Assistance and Advisory (A&AS) proposals
* Primary work location will be Wakefield, Mass.
* Minimal travel to field office locations may be required.
Work hours may fluctuate dependent on the proposal pipeline throughout the year.
Individual will report to the Director of Proposal Development.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment, including Recruiting; Hiring; Placement; Promotion; Termination; Layoff; Recall; Transfer; Leaves Of Absence; Compensation; And Training.#LI-POST
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability