Propulsion Technician (Valves) - Temporary 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROPULSION TECHNICIAN (VALVES) TEMPORARY POSITION
The propulsion test technician will be supporting the Falcon or Dragon valves test efforts. The responsibilities entail preparing test stands using flow meters, pressure gauges, pressure transducers, torque sensors, regulators, and DAQ measurement hardware. The team tests components for up to 10 first stage boosters and 24 second stage engines annually.
RESPONSIBILITIES: * Responsible for cleaning of hardware, tools, valves, and regulators
* Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area
* Troubleshoot failure modes and provide photo documentation and feedback to engineering
* Use computer network systems, as well as test units as described in the test instruction and acceptance test plans
* Accept or reject test units based on calculated test data and results
* Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
* Accurately record daily work completion to report to the lead technician
This is a TEMPORARY position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate. * LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
* LOCATION: Hawthorne, CA
* SHIFT: 1st shift (5:00am - 2:30pm) and 2nd shift (2:30pm - 12:00am) positions are available
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: * High school diploma or equivalency certificate
* 2+ years of experience working in an electromechanical soldering or assembly role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: * Experience soldering components to J-STD-001 requirements
* A&P licence
* 5S knowledge and experience
* High attention to detail in order to ensure safety and accuracy of testing procedures
* Previous interaction and correspondence with support engineers
* Embodies team mentality; coachable and reliable
* Experience with mechanical and electrical systems
* Strong mathematical, basic computer, problem solving, decision making skills, and strong written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to work independently or as part of a team, meet aggressive schedules, operate and understand readouts on standard cell instrumentation
* Ability to make full use of computer network systems
* Experience in the aerospace industry
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: * Able to lift at least 25 lbs. unassisted
* Flexible and willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
ITAR REQUIREMENTS: * To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR .
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.