PSO Supervisor 9/11/2020
Oklahoma City, OK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Provides direct supervision of PSO employees to include Alarm Monitors, fixed and roving PSOs, and PSOs assigned access control, screening, and badging duties on a Government contract. Supervise assigned employees during a shift, based on assigned location. Directs, trains, monitors and coordinates PSO daily responsibilities. Initiates and serves disciplinary actions in accordance with company policies.
* Oversee Security operations ensuring all employees are performing all duties in accordance with customer requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and company policies, and regulations. Reviews and finalizes reports for incidents that occur during assigned shift. Reports violations of any policies or procedures to management.
* Responds to various reported incidents including but not limited to; firearms at posts, investigations, trespassers, civil disturbances, hostile intruders, alarms, etc. During emergency situations often assumes role of Incident Commander and coordinates PSOs activities with first responders. Leads investigations for any incidents involving SOC or Government property.
* Creates schedules for operations including assigning overtime IAW the respective Union's Collective Bargaining Agreement
* Assists in the review and improvement of work methods, SOP's, organizational features, and structure to achieve optimum efficiency.
* May be required to stand post as a uniformed PSO during contingency and emergency operations, when no other PSO is available or to quickly address emergency need.
QUALIFICATIONS: * Effective leadership and supervisory responsibilities. 1-5 years of supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
* Minimum of two (2) years of security (armed) or one (1) year of law enforcement experience in a full-duty status with a full-service police department in a municipality, state, or federal law enforcement department within the US, and have resigned or retired in good standing. Or, a minimum of two (2) years honorable service as a member of the US Armed Forces component.
* Must be experienced with firearms and able to qualify as a Protective Security Officer (PSO).
* Must be able to provide accurate on the job training and coaching.
* Must be able to operate under stressful conditions and use sound judgement during investigations and incident responses.
* Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) from an accredited institution of higher learning, or as identified on DD Form 214.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver s license.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain certification through the State of New Mexico for armed security guards prior to employment.
* Must be able to maintain certifications and weapons qualifications with the government customer.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate level of government security clearance/suitability.
* Shall fluently speak, read, comprehend English, and be able to compose written reports in English.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* May be required to travel within the state for consecutive days up to weeks to attend training or perform services related to emergency and contingency response.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability