Psychologist for outpatient VA clinic in Bowling Green, KY 6/5/2020
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY STG International is in an active bidding process for this position and position availability is contingent upon STG International, Inc. being awarded the contract.
The outpatient clinic would operate Monday Friday from 8am to 4:30pm and is closed on weekends and holidays.
The Clinical Psychologist shall provide services including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
Assess and resolve complex social, economic and psychosocial problems that may impact veterans' medical treatment
* Conducts psychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to veterans as needed to facilitate behavioral health clinical care management and optimize care.
* Evaluates the impact of diagnosis or lack of diagnosis with unexplained chronic symptoms on individual and family systems as well as assess patient's functioning with in work, family and routines of daily living and identify areas needing continued support, resources, and treatment in order to assist patients.
* Develops, implements, and maintains in partnership with Patients, other health care providers and community resources as applicable. Develops a comprehensive treatment care plan in accordance with behavioral health care standards for patients and their families.
* Coordinates services for those patients who move to another location to ensure continuity of care. Facilitates transfer of the case to local behavioral health care case management resources, as appropriate.
* Educates patients on community resources including information and referral for financial, housing, educational, employment and child care resources as required by patient's needs assessment.
* Maintains complete and accurate records and documents all patient contacts/services provided. Enters patient clinical and administrative data as well as utilization data and other data in to automated systems and/or paper records and create reports from these data in accordance with local policies and procedures
* Responsible for the completion of individual workload accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment facility and program requirements
* Maintains outpatient medical records. Medical records will be subject to review by the Medical Care Evaluation Committee
* Abide by all applicable MTF by-laws, Joint Commission, and VA regulations with regard to Utilization Review and Quality Improvement directives including
* Participates, as appropriate, in departmental Quality Assurance (QA) programs and adhere to all safety regulations at all times. The contract service provider shall provide technical advice and professional opinions upon request from the VA.
* Presents patient cases to discuss status and updates to cases as required.
* Attends meetings, case conferences and training as required.
STG International offers an outstanding benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, a generous PTO policy, and much more.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STG International, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and persons with disabilities at all levels of employment, including the executive level.
For more details, please visit : http://www.stginternational.com/stg2/pages/Careers.asp.