Public Relations Manager | Bay Area (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose) 7/23/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY YOUR ROLE
Gensler seeks a proven storyteller to lead Public Relations efforts for our Bay Area market, working specifically with our San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose offices. The ideal candidate has a passion for design and views PR as a people-centered activity. Their focus is on the people and projects in these three offices. They will work with office leaders and regional practice area leaders to develop annual plans, prioritizing and leveraging firmwide, regional, and local messages. They will gain an understanding of projects and stories, identify PR opportunities, and collaborate with design professionals, marketing, and our external PR Agency to develop proactive public relations campaigns across various platforms in support of strategic objectives. They will oversee a team of public relations and communications professionals that serve the Bay Area market and offices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Craft and pitch meaningful and impactful stories about Gensler people and projects to the appropriate local media outlets (print, social, digital, etc.).
* Establish and maintain media relationships.
* Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
* Support staff around speaking engagements, blogs, other written media resources, and personal social media persona building.
* Work with local marketing teams to manage regular updates to Gensler.com NW office pages.
* Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
* Support planning and production of local events to promote Gensler to our targeted audiences.
* Develop social media strategies and work with Social Media Specialist to optimize channels.
* Lead and mentor a team of pr and communications professionals.
* 10+ years of experience in a variety of public relations, media, communications, or marketing roles, either agency based or in-house. Experience in business-to-business is preferred over business-to-consumer.
* Has experience working in a dynamic, collaborative, and creative environment with people who encompass a range of skills and experiences.
* Has experience dealing with business media and supporting PR agencies and consultants.
* Has a range of media contacts and can evidence building long-term relationships within the press.
* Has deep familiarity with social media and web-based channels as marketing tools.
* Has excellent writing skills and is an articulate, accurate, and timely communicator.
* Can build and sustain momentum and has an ability to keep an eye on the big picture while managing the details.
* Has a passion for public relations, communications, marketing, design, media relations. Interest in architecture/design a plus
* Proficient with MS Office package, presentation software such as Adobe Creative Suite with additional print/digital design skills highly desirable.
LIFE AT GENSLER
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
GENSLER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE AND IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. ALL ASPECTS OF EMPLOYMENT DECISIONS WILL BE BASED ON MERIT, COMPETENCE, PERFORMANCE, AND BUSINESS NEEDS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASES OF ANY STATUS PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW. WE WILL CONSIDER QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH ARREST AND CONVICTION RECORDS IN A MANNER CONSISTENT WITH THE SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE. IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE OR AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY YOU MAY CONTACT US HERE. WE CELEBRATE DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO CREATING AN INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR COLLEAGUES.