Public Safety Officer II 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION DESCRIPTION
Assists the hospital in enforcement of security/safety-related regulations. Protects hospital patients, visitors, staff and property from hazardous conditions and/or criminal activity. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including use of a personal computer and report writing.
- Must be able to endure the physical elements associated with both inside and outside work assignments.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 100 to 150 pounds with assistance. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for physically active work.
- Must be able to walk for extended periods of time without experiencing undue fatigue; must have sufficient mobility and physical stamina to respond quickly to emergency situations and to work for long periods of time when necessary.
- Must to able to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to interact with the public in a courteous and/or firm manner when necessary.
- Must be able to perform under stressful situations, achieve work objectives and maintain the hospital s community relations philosophy.
- Must be able to pass and complete all Northside Gwinnett certification courses and assessments.
- Must be able to successfully complete the Defensive Tactics course to include each year after.
- Must complete the X2 Taser certification course to include each year after
Previous experience in a healthcare environment a plus, but not required.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: No
WORK HOURS: 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am shifts available
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: Yes
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No.
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.