PublicArea Attendant 6/6/2020
Highgate Hotels, LP
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMPLOYMENT STATUS
The Public Area Attendant is responsible for maintaining Highgate Hotel Standards in all assigned lobby areas, Business Center, Fitness Center, restaurants, public restrooms, corridors, meeting rooms, offices, elevators, pool areas, parking garages, driveways, and any other public spaces. May also be required to complete special cleaning assignments and perform Room Attendant and House Attendant duties as necessary.
* Extensive cleaning and sanitation responsibilities
* Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
* Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
* Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
* Handle items for \\"Lost and Found\\" according to the hotel standards.
* At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
* Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
* Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist if needed.
* Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if necessary.
* Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
* Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
* Vacuum guest corridors.
* Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and organized.
* Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
* Adhere to the schedule for project cleaning of public areas.
* Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
* Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Previous Housekeeping experience highly preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform, personal protective equipment (PPE), and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.