Pulp Mill Area Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2020
END DATE 9/25/2020
Georgia-Pacific Monticello LLC is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader in the areas of Pulp Mill, Causticizing, and Woodyard Operations. The successful candidate in this role will be responsible for leading daily operations, providing direction in operations excellence performance in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, reliability, cost, productivity, yield, organizational effectiveness, and strategic planning.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE
* Leading the departments to achieve a safety & environmental incident free workplace by identifying critical hazards and mitigating the risk based on criticality
* Managing and directing the work process for the high yield pulping, causticizing plant and woodyard operations
* Providing leadership consistent with our MBM(R) guiding principles to facilitate the development of oneself and the salaried & hourly department personnel to improve operational performance of the department and facility
* Continuously evaluating & identifying constraints to eliminate quality & production bottlenecks and lead plans to improve current capability & yield to improve our relative competitive position
* Optimizing and coordinating plans for scheduled shutdowns, operator training, maintenance & capital projects
* Providing daily support & technical expertise to area operators & maintenance personnel
* Managing multiple priorities & tasks effectively
* Providing strategic & tactical thinking and decision making
* Effectively provide written & verbal communication throughout all levels of the organization
* Proactively innovative with a high sense of urgency, disciplined, accountable, proven good judgment & decision making, economic & critical thinking skills, and effective problem solving
* Maintaining high standards of quality and reliability to ensure customer satisfaction
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL BRING
* Four years or more of previous work experience working in the Pulp & Paper manufacturing industry
* Two years or more of supervisory experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
* Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas) and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
* Willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend duty as necessary to manage facility performance
* Experience in developing and implementing improvement processes and projects
* Experience with technical troubleshooting and problem-solving ability; utilize constructive challenge to drive to the optimum solution
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Paper Science
* A Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
* Experience in high yield pulping & causticizing plant
* Experience supervising an operating department
* Experience working within Process Safety Management covered processes
* Basic process control knowledge/experience
* A basic knowledge and understanding of product stewardship and quality systems
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft project, CMMS, and PI
Monticello is nestled in the heart of Mississippi's Piney Woods region, along the Pearl River. It's home to more than 1,700 people and serves as the seat of Lawrence County. It's a bustling town filled with grace and southern hospitality. Monticello is within 20 miles from Brookhaven, MS and 60 miles from Hattiesburg & Jackson, MS.
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf