Purchasing Estimator & Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
David Weekley Homes
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Purchasing Estimator & Analyst is responsible for providing support on all costing and budgeting related to residential construction within the Portland market. Must have residential construction experience and currently working for a residential home builder in the purchasing department. The primary functions of the position are cost and vendor management. The primary responsibilities of the position are cost control and risk reduction. This position also must work closely with vendors of all types and trades, develop vendor relationships, hold vendors accountable to bids and to contractual terms, negotiate pricing, manage vendor scope and quality, and monitor trends in the industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: * Maintain take-offs and unitized pricing
* Create and maintain clear bid documents
* Collect bids, layouts, diagrams, etc. and provide necessary analysis
* Collect, review, analyze, and provide all necessary option pricing from vendors
* Review provided bid analysis and work with other internal team members to award contracts
* Ensure all pricing is reflective of correct specifications, plans, and scopes
* Provide clear, meaningful, and actionable analysis to Purchasing Manager
* Work directly with Purchasing Manager to provide necessary support and analysis. Maintain data integrity.
* Where applicable: Create, Maintain, Issue and Monitor Purchase Orders and variances
* Monitor product specifications on all homes built.
* Seek vendors in assigned area that offer a combination of quality, products and services are at an acceptable level
* Work with trade partners to transition to a more unitized procurement structure
* Assist in the development of various pricing structures (i.e.. lumber indexes)
* Manage trade partner onboarding
* Conduct value engineering studies
* Research new products and processes from a cost and value basis
QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor s degree in Business, Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related degree
* Excellent negotiation skills with demonstrated success in this area
* 3-5 years in residential construction operations
* 2+ years in construction purchasing to include estimating, construction, negotiation, purchasing, and accounting
* Read and thoroughly understand residential blueprints
* Strong math and excel computer skills are essential and exposure to JD Edwards beneficial
* An ideal candidate will also possess the following intangibles: self-directed, readily adaptable to change, disciplined work habits, good organizational skills
Come and join our winning team recognized by fortune Magazine as \\"One of the Top 100 Companies to Work for\\" 13 times. David Weekley Homes builds in 20 markets coast to coast and is the largest privately-held builder in America. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: * Health Insurance - Medical, Dental and Vision
* 401K and discretionary match
* Profit Sharing
* Vacation, Holidays & PTO
* New Home Discount for Team Member & Family
* And More!