Python Software Engineer 5/5/2020
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHAT IT TAKES TO BE PART OF THE FIREMON TEAM
FireMon provides persistent network security for hybrid environments through a powerful fusion of real-time asset visibility, continuous compliance and automation. Since creating the first-ever network security policy management solution, FireMon has delivered command and control over complex network security infrastructures for more than 1,700 customers.
Our customers have unique and complex security problems that are difficult to solve. This doesn t intimidate us, it inspires us. It pushes us to be more creative and find solutions to ensure their success. If this sounds like a movement you'd be interested in joining, we invite you to apply today.
As a thought leader in a space we invented, FireMon is paving the way in the cybersecurity industry across the globe. At FireMon, you'll find a disruptive, cutting-edge environment. It's a place where being proactive is rewarded and each day is more innovative than the last. This drive permeates everything we do from how we develop our products to how we engage with our customers and how we get things done.
One of the biggest benefits of working with a groundbreaking company like FireMon, is the huge impact employees have on the overall product and business. Each person s work directly affects the outcome of the finalized product and success of the business. Additionally, you can voice your ideas and collaborate across departments to learn new aspects of the company. Since we are securely backed by some of the savviest investors in the industry, you get the security of an established organization but at the same time get to experience the agility and autonomy of a smaller company.
The Python Software Engineer will design, implement, maintain, and document the FireMon Operating System tools and utilities. Primary responsibilities will include building command-line applications and web services specifically for using, configuring, and maintaining FMOS installations. The software engineer will work closely with System Engineers to create an enterprise quality system that improves the experience for customers running FMOS.
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
* 4 or more years of object-oriented software development experience, specifically with the Python programming
* 4 or more years of experience working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems
* Extremely strong core Python coding skills, including an understanding of optimization, performance ramifications of coding decisions, and object-oriented design
* Experience with and working knowledge of command-line interface applications and RESTful web services
* Outstanding problem-solving skills. Someone that can pick apart software, analyze it and become a subject matter expert on it.
* Experience with configuration management utilities (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
* Source control management, particularly Git, and collaborative development workflows.
Preferred Skills & Experience
* Understanding of operating system (especially Linux) installation and deployment automation
* Knowledge of Networking concepts, nomenclature, familiarity with Firewalls, Routers, Load balancers.
* Familiarity with Linux package management and distribution
* Experience in LDAP, RADIUS and/or Active Directory a plus
* Experience working with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, ActiveMQ, SQLite
* Understanding of X.509 security certificates and public-key cryptography