Quality Control Analyst (Contract) 1/17/2020
Bluebird Bio Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Quality Control Analyst (Contract)
Join bluebird bio s enthusiastic, collaborative team and contribute to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. We seek an energetic and goal-oriented candidate looking to become a Quality Control professional within the Quality Sciences and Analytical Technology team. This role is a non-laboratory position that will lead implementation of QC methods used for manufacturing process monitoring in addition to the release testing of autologous stem cell drug products. The candidate will primarily interface with contract manufacturers, contract test organizations and analytical development. The candidate should have previous experience in performing and/or validating cell culture and cell counting methods. Experience in Quality Control Operations is also desirable.
About the Role:
* Support method implementation of cell counting methods at external CxO(s) to support quality control testing of autologous stem cell therapies.
* Author and review protocols, reports and technical assessments in support of method implementation into bluebird bio s global network of QC laboratories
* Author sampling plans required for the drug product manufacturing process
* BS/BA in Biology (or related discipline) with 1-3 years of experience in a Biotechnology discipline
* Experience in GMP/GxP environment as well as an Analytical Development, Manufacturing Sciences or Quality Control unit is preferred
* Proven track record in performance of cell culture or cell counting methods
* Superb organizational, analytical, and communications skills and do-what-it-takes attitude
* Passionate about working to critical unmet medical needs of patients
* Self-motivated and able to work with limited direction in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
Willingness to embrace and demonstrate the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves and know they are valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.