QC Molecular Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/30/2020
END DATE 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONDO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for a QC MOLECULAR ANALYST II within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located at SCARBOROUGH, MAINE. In this role, you will perform work required to ensure Company product quality is maintained at standards set forth by Company Quality System and mandated by regulatory agencies such as the FDA, ISO, and USDA. The focus areas for a QC Molecular Analyst II include but are not limited to: Own process improvement including the implementation of new processes and technologies into the QC department, leading investigations related to nonconforming materials, perform direct laboratory work to support release of in-process and final product as needed.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbotts Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
* Use of Bioanalyzers to analyze oligonucleotides and proteins.
* Use of T8 Isothermal Instruments to run reactions.
* Preparing Mastermixes and reactions to be run on T8s.
* Use of E-Gel System to verify that bands are present at appropriate molecular weight in all sample lanes.
* Performs in-process and final release testing and/or data review as needed
* Observes all safety policies and report
* Serve as QC approver for Quality Incidents
* Reports any and all safety policy violations
* Participates in all departmental ergonomic programs
* Works independently to lead specific projects and develop new processes
* Works closely with QC Management to ensure all departmental objectives are met or exceeded
* Identifies Quality gaps and process inefficiencies and recommend solutions
* Trains new and current Quality Control technicians as needed
* Initiates, Authors and/or Approves Quality Incidents (QI)
* Authors/Reviews/Approves new and revised Standard Operating Procedures.
* Provides support for technical and quality issues
* Communicates quality issues to QC Management in a timely manner
* Bachelors Degree in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
* Four plus years of laboratory experience, preferably in PCR, gel electrophoresis, lateral flow, fluorescent spectroscopy, or equivalent technology.
* Experience working within a regulated industry
* Strong collaboration, team working skills and communication skills
* Independently motivated and detail oriented with good problem solving ability
* Quality Control experience specifically within a medical device or pharmaceutical company.
* Demonstrated competency related to PCR and Gel Electrophoresis testing.
* Experience with GMP, FDA, ISO and USDA regulations
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.