Quality Control Lab Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/27/2020
END DATE 4/15/2020
DS Services of America, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview of the Quality Control Lab Technician position
This position is responsible for quality control testing of raw source water, water processing and finished bottled water products to ensure regulatory compliance with the applicable Food and Drug Administration (FDA), State, Local, International Bottled Water Association (IBWA), and DS Services of America, Inc. (DSS or DS Services) bottled water and beverage safety and quality standards.
* Perform microbiological and wet chemistry testing on source water, process and finished product samples in accordance with Standard Methods and DSS requirements (standard operating procedures and policies).
* Maintain detailed and accurate documentation of all analyses and inspections concerning incoming raw materials, water processing treatment equipment and production processes.
* Monitor and maintain manufacturing plant quality assurance programs to ensure adherence to established FDA, State, local, IBWA and DS Services standards.
* Contribute as a member of the Food Safety team to ensure compliance with all applicable bottled water and beverage safety and quality standards.
* Work with production and maintenance departments on various projects as necessary and appropriate.
* Assist with cleaning and sanitization (Clean-In-Place (CIP)) duties for the water processing equipment as necessary and appropriate.
* Manage multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining detailed and accurate records, quality and safety standards.
* Understand and use water processing and mineral batching computer controls to effectively changeover production lines for different bottled water type production runs ensuring all quality control testing is within DS Services specification (s).
* Maintain an organized and clean work environment.
* Perform other tasks as directed.
* Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or related field
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to make quality decisions independently and works well with limited supervision, both individually and as a team.
* Understanding Food Safety principles and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
* Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and aseptic sampling and handling techniques to collect samples for microbiological analysis including: E. coli, Total Coliform and Heterotrophic Plate count (HPC).
* Ability to pass the International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) Certified Plant Operator (CPO) exam, and maintain the certification.
* Ability to become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) as part of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) requirements.
* Ability to become a Safe Quality Food (SQF) Practitioner
* Ability to stoop, bend, lift and twist on a regular basis
* Ability to work overtime as needed
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds
* Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.comfor more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled