Quality Control Officer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/24/2019
END DATE 9/21/2019
Securitas Critical Infrastructure Services, Inc.
Investigation Positions, PA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
The Quality Control Officer (QCO) serves as a Subject Matter Expert on policies, procedures, and quality control review of background investigations. This position will provide guidance and support to the case review staff on background investigation contracts in addition to conducting quality control reviews of reports of investigation for accuracy and completeness.
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately and may include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Manage and conduct quality review of reports of background investigations to ensure investigative coverage is met in accordance with applicable directions and investigative standards while meeting timeliness expectations for case delivery.
* Mentor new Case Review Officers (CROs).
* Present and reinforce new policies and procedure changes through training and Q&A sessions.
* Assist Director of Quality Control in developing best practices for CROs in all review processes to include development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Collaborate with fellow QCOs to ensure consistency and compliance with customer requirements.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference depending upon the nature of the position
* Must be a citizen of the United States
* Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI and able to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
* Must have successfully passed an adjudicated SSBI clearance
* Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent required, additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education
* Experience in background investigations required
* At least three years of experience conducting quality control review of background investigations
* Thorough knowledge of OPM-FIS requirements preferred
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing)
* Ability to maintain open lines of communication with all departments
* Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
* Highly organized, punctual, and responsible
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
* Ability to establish and build rapport with new people
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various internal and external documents and reports
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Maintaining composure in dealing with executives and staff in group and one-on-one settings and in situations requiring high performance and results
* Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information
* Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
* Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by phone
* Maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
* Frequent sitting and standing for extended periods of time
* Frequent lifting up to 10 pounds, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds
We are a nationwide provider of security solutions with many employment opportunities across the country. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Our core values are integrity, vigilance and compliance. Therefore, we are looking for individuals to join our organization who share the same values.