Quality Engineer, Castings 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role:
The Quality Engineer, Castings/CNC will be responsible for providing on time support to our internal or external customers on Quality Improvement opportunities for Aluminum High Pressure Die Casting and Machining processes. The role will monitor our manufacturing processes, quality data systems, first pass yield, scrap and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the best practices in our operation on a daily basis.
* Improve part quality, yield, process capability and cost of vehicle body castings
* Support production and customers on continuous improvement opportunities.
* Improve control systems to detect and prevent non-conformances
* Ensure part conformance and compliance to standards and specifications by championing Control Plans, Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Product Design Reviews, Inspection Standards, Testing and Rework Methods, Work Instructions, and Technical Specifications.
* Improve incoming material quality through effective supplier management
* Validate new processes and products
* Lead review and disposition of identified potential non-conforming product.
* Lead internal auditing processes for quality assurance and compliance
* Lead product containment activities and arrange for disposition
* Must have a relevant Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited university or college.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in casting, CNC machining, quality engineering or other relevant industry
* Must have strong knowledge of GD&T and understanding of its application
* Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma or equivalent quality tools /methodology and evidence of their application to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in training operators and inspector in engineering and quality requirements.
* Must be a team motivator with clear verbal / written communication and computer skills
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business functions of both internal Manufacturing and Supplier relations.
* Ability to multi task effectively within a team environment in managing priorities.
* Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily 5S directives.
* Must be dependable and reliable.
* Be willing and able to travel both domestically or internationally a small percentage of the year.
* Highly organized and confident with an ability to manage projects within set deadlines.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.