Quality Engineer 5/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Daikin Applied is a member of the world's largest HVAC manufacturer, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency.
Led by the principles of people-centered management, Daikin employees have unlimited potential to influence the business. For years, we've redefined HVAC technology, innovating and pushing to never settle. Together with our customers, we're delivering the solutions to reach new heights of success.
Daikin Applied was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air-cooled chillers, and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly. Daikin Applied equipment, solutions, and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 67,000 employees worldwide and revenues in excess of $21 billion nearly 30% of that coming from the U.S. In the Americas we have a strong position in the global portfolio and the credibility and confidence of Daikin Industries' leaders who are fueling our future with investment.
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews non-conformities discovered with purchased products or components and provides input on whether to accept the product.
- May plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, and/or test to assure the quality of finished products once qualified by production.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Investigates customer/warranty quality assurance issues
- Documents data obtained during quality assurance reviews and uses quality assurance tools such as statistical process control (SPC), failure mode effects analysis (FMEA), etc. for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- May perform Process Capability studies to determine CpK.
- Collaborates with manufacturing engineering and production teams to solve quality problems. May participate in or lead Kaizen events to solve quality assurance problems.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management. Prepares reports to communicate the results of quality assurance activities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
- May present training on quality topics including ISO requirements, standard operating procedures to ensure a quality product, Kaizen processes, etc.
- May direct technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities. Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance standards, including current ISO requirements.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in engineering or related technical field and three to four years related experience and/or training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.