This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/7/2020
New Bedford, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAtkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products & Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer's first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.9 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1.4B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $500M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 66 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 4,000 employees.
AFC Cable Systems - a part of Atkore International, is currently searching for a Quality Engineer based out of our New Bedford, MA facility. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer's primary focus will be to promote quality and continuous improvement company wide through detailed standard work, graphical communication of gaps and achievements, and facilitating team based, organized problem solving with classic Quality tools.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Actively identify and lead projects/events to continuously improve customer satisfaction and product quality.
* Investigate, disposition and close RMAs in JDE. Assist in Warehouse Complaint investigations.
* Monitor customer satisfaction and drive elimination of customer complaints.
* Verify manufacturing process control focuses on prevention of internal rejects.
* Identify leading indicators that impact lagging metrics and champion their improvement by analyzing data statistically and graphically.
* Ensure processes produce compliant product to all regulatory requirements, including UL and CSA.
* Engage actively in Quality & Warehouse improvements and align projects with KPIs.
* Drive improved training program and align with behavior based Quality standards.
* Key contributor to Management of Change process.
* Able to interface with manufacturers and identify best practices for calibration and maintenance of equipment and tools specific to the wire/cable industry.
* Perform daily testing on final product to ensure UL/CSA standard compliance.
* Utilize 8 step problem solving process and share results and successes with other plants to implement best manufacturing practices among sites.
* Lead as well as participate in Kaizen events to drive continuous improvement.
* Report out at monthly during toolbox talks and company wide presentations on Quality metrics, projects, complaints and customer feedback.
* Represent Quality in New Product Development activities. Lead Stage Gate Quality Planning and First Article Inspection events and reporting.
* Interface with suppliers relative to product improvement and defective material.
* Able to construct pFMEAs, control plans, document control process, first article inspection reports, QFD, and fish bone diagrams.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment. Must be comfortable around high voltage testing, heavy equipment, and high speed processing.
* Hands on, accountable team player with willingness to learn as well as teach others. "Win as a team, lose as a team" attitude.
* Must be hands on and able to work different shifts when required in a production environment.
* Extrusion, metallurgical and/or electrical components/cable, electrician/electronics experience is also a plus.
* Able to perform internal and process audits to standards and internal documentation, including ISO9001:2015.
* Demonstrated knowledge of dimensional inspection, process control methods, and document control.
* Hands on with comfort level operating, troubleshooting and training others on the use of high voltage test equipment, physical lab testing, and calibration of equipment.
* Demonstrated ability in Lean Manufacturing, Behavior Based Quality, Kaizen Events, and Problem Solving is a strong plus.
* Practical experience in root cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
* Familiar with pFMEA, control plans, document control, fishbone diagrams, QFD.
* Able to read and interpret UL/CSA standards as well as perform inspections with instruction.
* Able to lead teams to address continuous improvement projects (Lean, TPM, etc.)
* Knowledge in basic statistical methods and utilize Excel to chart and review data.
* Perpetually curious and innovative is a must! Attention to detail and open to learning is required. Desire to achieve ASQ CSSBB or CQE if not already obtained
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore's culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer's experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that's how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to Strive for breakthrough results, Stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully Supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently Live the Atkore mission, Learn our strategic priorities and Link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or