Quality Engineer 8/22/2020
Stafford Springs, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SCOPE
This position is responsible to assist in performing product assurance activities of a complex nature to assure that the dimensional, material and visual characteristics of the product s design, as documented on drawing, specifications and quality standards, consistently meet the customer s technical data requirements and product acceptance criteria.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review supplier quality data and nonconformances. Provide dispositions of suspect supplier parts and work with the supplier/manufacture on corrective action and implementation or escape prevention through the use of quality inspection plans and quality specifications. Assure parts and components as received for inspection in the most efficient manner while maintaining the high quality standards required.
- Review and define control points within the manufacturing processes and implements them through the use of quality inspection plans and quality specifications. Assure product is being assembled with Quality Built In and inspected in the most efficient manner while maintaining the high quality standards required.
- Work with TTM operators, inspector(s), suppliers and Process Engineering on daily questions or issues that arise from general daily activities. Severe deviations to process or procedures are to be reported to Quality Manager.
- Required to interact with customers, suppliers, and management on quality related concerns from the manufacturing area affecting product compliance, corrective and preventative actions. Familiarity with FMEA, C&E Matrix, Detail Process and Value Stream Mapping, Root Cause Analysis and Error Proofing tools.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2000 and AS9100A. Active member of the QMS and EHS internal audit team.
- Aid in training associates in department specific work procedures. Maintain knowledge of factory orders status daily and ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate inspection as required and perform in house self release source activities as required.
- Coordinate defect escape prevention activities with QC and Production Manager for all production and inspection departments.
- Coordinate monthly Continuous Improvement Meeting with Production and Quality Departments.
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly/annual outsourced calibration program and in house ESD and solder station calibrations.
- Export Statement: Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to: a) being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents; b) recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation; c) understand and follow authorization procedures for bringing foreign visitors into facilities (VAL); d) understand the Export and ITAR requirements for shipments leaving the US; e) manage vendor approvals for ITAR manufacturing services.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience, or 6-10 years technical work experience in electronics manufacturing/engineering or related field.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, including statistical data analysis and interpretation, as well as the ability to develop, implement, and drive improvement plans and project teams to successful completion.
- Strong background in the use and understanding of key manufacturing performance metrics.
- Strong communication skills in English-verbal & written, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Work up to 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and is flexible to work weekends.
- Ability to work 2nd shift one week every ten weeks.
- Due to ITAR requirements, applicants must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Ability to pass eye exam with a minimum 20/20 vision that may be corrected via eyeglasses or contact lenses as required. Eye exam is required annually.
Must comply with TTM Export Control Policies and Procedures and all applicable laws including ITAR, EAR and OFAC including but not limited to:
- Being able to identify ITAR product on the manufacturing floor and understand that access to these products and related technical data is restricted to only US Citizens and US Permanent Residents.
- Recognition of Foreign Person visitors by badge differentiation.
- Accomplish all job related paperwork in the most accurate, timely and ethical manner.
- Communicate regularly to supervisors/managers any safety hazards and issues, suggests procedural changes, maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Properly handle and dispose all waste, including hazardous wastes that are generated in daily operations as directed by the EHS department.
- Responsible to report all accidents, near misses, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions. Perform job duties utilizing the required and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). Full participation in safety training and the ability to understand and follow directions identified in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA), PPE Assessments, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and all Safety Procedures and Alert
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.