Quality Intern - Waukesha Bearings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/10/2019
END DATE 5/25/2019
Waukesha Bearings Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONDover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation s Fluids segment.
Dover Precision Components is hiring for its brand of Waukesha Bearings. Our facility is climate controlled, ISO certified, and we provide competitive benefits. Included in our benefits are shift premiums, Company provided uniforms, sign-on bonuses for select positions, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Support activities to promote Waukesha Bearings quality system to ensure manufacturing processes, inspection methods and quality documentation meets or exceeds ISO, safety, and customer requirements. In addition, the candidate will have the opportunity to shadow in other areas of the manufacturing process giving them exposure to other potential career paths.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Review quality documents for completeness. Maintain quality records in hard copy and electronic formats.
* Perform receiving inspections for specified parts and products including RMA s.
* Review and maintain equipment calibrations including ID, location and date of re-calibration.
* Review operator processes against documented procedures and quality plans.
* Share and discuss with Quality Technicians any knowledge of quality concerns, corrective actions or other ideas to improve overall quality.
* Produce reports showing quality metrics as required using Microsoft Excell. Update visual boards daily.
* Create and update in-process inspection reports.
* Keep work areas clean and organized
* Adhere to all safety rules
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
* Strong understanding and application of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances. Proficient with basic arithmetic and algebra.
* Experience in use and application of inspection, testing and measuring equipment is helpful.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Ability to clearly define problems; collect data; and draw valid conclusions.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
* Self-directed individual capable of performing a variety of tasks and foster an environment that supports quality and productivity.
V. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must have completed at least two years of high school.
VI. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, The employee is regularly required to use hands or fingers; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Wisconsin : Antigo
Sub Division : Antigo - E0069
Job Requisition ID : 28420.