Quality Manager 9/2/2020
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
South Gate, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Country United States of America
State / County California
City South Gate
Division Wyman Gordon
Company Dickson Testing Company
Position type Full Time
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year July 1 2020
147 Company Profile
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Located in South Gate, CA., Dickson Testing Company, Inc. is a full-service destructive testing laboratory serving aerospace and metallic producers worldwide. Our laboratories serve our customers with metallurgical, mechanical, corrosion, and chemical testing services. In support of these services, our facility provides complete specimen fabrication, cut off services, and heat treat capability.
Dickson Testing Company performs a number of services for engine and structural components relating to aircraft manufacture and maintenance. We have skilled professionals who use modern equipment including scanning electron microscopy, x-ray analysis, and advanced metallurgical techniques to perform and record various material testing and chemical analyses.
We offer state-of-the-art services in mechanical, metallurgical testing, and chemical analysis. Our labs are equipped with top-of-the-line machines and computers which are managed by qualified professionals.
Location Profile 11126 Palmer Avenue
South Gate CA 90280
Position Summary Directly lead and manage functional Quality organization on a day-to-day basis to meet all NADCAP AC7101 QMS & ISO 17025 standards. Facilitate through Operations, Engineering, and Customer Service / Supply Chain leadership, full integration of Quality Management System (QMS) into value streams. Serve as the primary Quality leader for risk / problem identification, resolution and loss reporting. Functional management representative responsible for compliance of products and processes used by the location internally and externally.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Manage budget, costs and expenditures within the Quality function and applicable functional support requirements. Lead and drive Productivity initiatives. * Design implement and document procedures and methodology for process control, improvement adherence, and control for all phases of internal production, material testing, and external supply chain processes. * Establish and implement applicable measurements / metrics for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers/employees to make sound product quality decisions * Led effort to define and train employees on tools to perform root-cause analysis and problem solving to identify root cause and effective corrective actions/process improvements. * Establish collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality. * Analyze customers product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and material testing. * Develop quality planning methods for all testing value streams. * Develop process certification standards and assist in process certification to maintain NADCAP AC7101 and ISO 17025 compliance and certifications. * Review customer purchase orders, contracts, and change requests to ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and testing plans. * Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and testing personnel. * Responsible for the coordination of internal and external quality audits. * Review suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements. * Monitor supplier performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors. * Interface with customer and supplier quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented, as well as all other reasonable duties, as assigned. * Validates quality processes by establishing product / testing specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; writing and updating quality assurance procedures. * Maintains and improves product quality by completing product, company, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new process and testing methods, and manufacturing and training procedures. * Directs daily Quality staff functions such as inspection, Quality Engineering, MRB, Certification, and Process Control to support production. * Develops and maintains procedures and methods to maintain equipment and technician compliance with NADCAP AC7101 and ISO 17025 requirements * Other duties may be assigned as required
Experience & Education * BS/BA in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Business Administration.
* 5+ year of management experience required.
* MS degree in related field preferred.
* Experience managing and maintaining NADCAP certified processes preferred.
* Destructive Testing experience preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate with people at all levels. * Broad working knowledge of problem-solving tools, theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control. * Experience in designing and implementing quality systems. * Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques and documentation.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.