Quality Technician II 6/6/2020
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Depending on the laboratory area, will perform analysis on Raw Materials, Intermediates, In-Process, Finished Product, or Stability samples using established analytical methods.
* Follow good documentation practices for the accurate and timely documentation of all activities
* Perform wet chemistry and instrumentation testing
* Follow site HSE Policies
* Assist with establishing & maintaining safe work standards in the lab
* Peer review all levels of work
* Conducts lab investigation
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* LIMS entry of data
* Use of analytical balances, HPLC, GC, ICP, KF Titrator, IR, UV, pH Meter, volumetric glassware
* Wet testing like assay titrations, colorimetric tests, TLC, heavy metals, and sieves
* Maintain instrument readiness
High School Diploma required, Associates Degree in a science related field or equivalent combination of education, experience, and competencies preferred.
Working knowledge of wet chemistry required
* Working knowledge of analytical instrumentation.
* Experience in a cGMP environment is preferred.
* Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
* Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of application of basic principles, theories and concept
* Use and/or Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
* Chromatography (GC/LC) and Spectroscopy experience a plus
* Use of Chromeleon or other chromatography software is a plus
* Previous Pharmaceutical experience is a plus
Informing, Customer Focus, Listening, Perseverance, Organizing, function/technical skills, Peer Relationships, Comfort around Higher Management, Multi-tasking
Contacts involve matters of moderate importance to the organization and include R&D, Marketing, Production employees including Engineers, Supervisors, and Operators, Logistics, EHS, and DEA. Infrequent customer contacts on routine matters.
90% Laboratory exposure to plant products, solvents and reagents, some of which are hazardous or potent compounds
10% Office environment
The schedule for this position is Wednesday - Friday and every other Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Overtime may be required based on business needs..
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.