Quality Training Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 12/13/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
The Quality Training Specialist will be responsible for trade-related curriculum development and training for new and existing IES teams, quality audits and on-site support to IES projects. *****THIS ROLE REQUIRES EXTENSIVE TRAVEL*****
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and provide trade-related, project management and delivery training in the classroom. This will include hands on demonstrations; (ex: class outlines, presentations, handouts, tests, design exercises)
* Develop pre-employment trade-related job skill assessments (both hands on and written)
* Prepare employees to accomplish job results by developing, planning, conducting, and evaluating management training
* Conduct training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures, work flow, and reports; understanding job-specific functions and tasks
* Conduct training classes by presenting job-specific and company-specific software applications utilizing computer and virtual classrooms, webinars and other methods as required
* Evaluates training by assessing effectiveness of training to specific job applications
* Administers written and practical exams and write performance reports to evaluate trainees' performance.
* Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
* Implement training processes and best practices that add value and improve business performance
* Maintain personal knowledge, training and proficiency on installed products and course materials
* Work with training team to design and implement new training programs and revise old programs
* Ensure a safe and pleasant learning environment for staff/students
* Other duties as assigned
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Operate as a team member of management
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Lead by positive example on policy, quality, safety, employee, ethical, and customer satisfaction attitude.
* Must be able to work a non-standard work schedule as required to provide job, team or individual specific training.
* For demonstration purposes; must be able to climb ladders, use hand and power tools, lift 50 pounds.
* Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop, implement and review project process improvement(s).
* Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
* Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Must possess the ability to learn and teach the Company and customer project management systems.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess a minimum of three (3) years training experience or related role.
* Prefer a minimum of five (5) years project management experience in telecommunications, electrical or a related technical or construction field.
* Prefer a BICSI certified trainer
* Must have demonstrated knowledge of job costing, job planning, quality management, safety training and contract administration.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project).
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Working knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory practice preferred
* Must be able to effectively use basic hand tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), and pliers (needle nose and channel locks), crescent wrench, sewing (stitching) needle, cable sheers, flush cutting pliers, multi-meter and rubber mallet (gray).
* Highly knowledgeable of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the commercial construction industry.
* Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
* Possess good knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry and their application.
* Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
* Working knowledge of construction process (bid process, project management, delegation, financial etc.)
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. ""EEO is the Law" poster (https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf)|"EEO is the Law" poster supplement (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf)
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster (https://ies-co.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=17624&hashed=1802678857)
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of