Quoting Specialist 8/21/2020
Lone Star Materials, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain accurate records regarding projects and our win loss ratio.
* Produce customer quotes quickly and accurately.
* Track projects and keep the project information current
* Work with outside sales and become a liaison to coordinate sales and special job pricing.
* Communicate and help implement pricing changes as needed.
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
* Bachelors or Associates Degree preferred.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite
* Ability to stay organized and complete quotes paying attention to detail and self-checking projects.
* Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
* Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
* Must be able to operate basic office machinery
* Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Constantly working in office environment
* Must be able to travel when necessary for face to face customer interaction
* Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
* Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive and analyze financial information
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER..