Radiologic Technologist - Per Diem 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location:
Radiology Diagnostic, 1 CLARA MAASS DRIVE, BELLEVILLE, NJ 07109
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for Radiologic Technologists (Per Diem) who will be responsible for accurately positioning patients, and ensuring that a quality diagnostic image is produced. The incumbent will work closely with the physicians who interpret medical images to either diagnose or rule out disease or injury and have a great opportunity to ensure an efficient and customer-focused experience during their procedure.
* Perform radiological procedures.
* Appropriately use radiographic and fluoroscopic Imaging equipment, both in a non-sterile and sterile environment.
* Explain procedures to patients and answer questions.
* Prepare and maintain clean examination and treatment rooms.
* Maintain production and quality of radiographs, and radiology supplies inventory.
* Report equipment problems to Lead Technologists.
* Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
* Use computer systems including but not limited to Radiology Information System, PACS and Hospital Information Systems.
* Interact with all levels of team members to include but not limited to Radiologists, Emergency Room Physicians, Attending, House Staff, and Nursing.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Radiology.
* NJDEP license and American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), required.
* Current and valid BLS/CPR Certification by the American Heart Association is required.
* Experience as a Radiology Tech, preferred.
* Must be able to work day, evening, and weekend shifts and provide on-call coverage.
* Proficiency in the production of quality radiographs for proper treatment and diagnosis by physicians.
* Competent in the operation of computerized systems.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer