Rates Analyst 6/5/2020
Liberty Utilities (Canada) Corp
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TITLE:
Our vision is to be the utility company most admired by customers, communities and investors for our people, passion and performance.
The primary task will be to provide support and analysis for the Arizona and Texas Rates and Regulatory group which includes assisting with and ongoing support of applications for rate increases, applications for authority to incur debt, applications related to the granting or extension of Certificates of Convenience and Necessity ( CC&N ). The incumbent will also ensure that compliance requirements are met and prepare any required compliance filings. This role will also provide decision support analysis for capital expenditures, monitor utility earnings/rates of return to determine whether rate increases/decreases are necessary.
The specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Assist Rates and Regulatory Affairs Manager with rate case filings which include the preparation of supporting schedules and all supporting documentation. Advise and/or coordinate the preparation and recording of rate case true-up entries with Accounting department.
* Review cost allocations for accuracy and compliance with Company s Cost Allocation Manual.
* Draft of testimony in support of filings and support schedules.
* Provide assistance/responses for data requests from the Arizona Corporation Commission and Public Utility Commission of Texas along with requests from other intervenors.
* Maintains an ongoing data base of compliance requirements. Reviews final decisions to identify new and ongoing compliance requirements being imposed on the regulated entities. Prepares all compliance filings to ensure completion and timely as required.
* Ensure that rate tariffs and non-rate tariffs (backflow and curtailment)are approved on a timely basis and kept on file.
Education & Experience
This position is ideally suited for an accountant or an individual with a strong financial analysis background. The incumbent must be very comfortable interacting with third parties such as lawyers, consultants, and regulatory staff in multiple states, and peers in industry. Must also possess the ability to competently present and testify the Company s positions in rate cases and other regulatory processes.
* Bachelor s Degree in Finance or Accounting
* Three (3) years of related experience
* Equivalent combination of education, CPA or CMA designation, Masters in Accounting or Finance
* Experience with regulatory filings and reporting preferred.
* Detail oriented and highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in MS Excel.
* Strong business acumen with proven ability to develop strategic solutions to sophisticated problems.
* Ability to work under demanding time constraints with firm deadlines.
* Demonstration of being a standout colleague who can think creatively.
* Some travel will be required.
The distribution business group (Liberty Utilities) provides rate regulated water, electricity and natural gas utility services to over 750,000+ customers in the United States. The transmission business group invests in rate regulated electric transmission and natural gas pipeline systems in the United States and Canada.
Company paid Pension
401K Plan with employer match
Share purchase/match plan
Generous time off program
Collaborative environment with a genuine flexible working policy
Top Talent Program
Volunteer paid days off
Employee Assistance Program
We are passionate about building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role, and are not certain you meet the all the qualification requirements, we encourage you to apply to further investigate the opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person s unique background, diversity, experiences, perspectives and talents. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and company success.
We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all of our employees and expect each employee to honor this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team.