RC Service Buyer 8/25/2020
Carrier Enterprise LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Relations
This job position interacts Carrier's sales team, warehouse team and administrative positions. Externally, this position will be interacting with vendors, freight forwarders, and custom brokers.
This position is responsible of analyze original Replacement and Components (RC) stock inventory, generate purchase orders, follow up, and provide status until receipt at our warehouses. Also will provide price and availability for RC special items that will be requested by Sales, Service and Warranty departments and process the related purchase orders when requested.
* Use Blue Ridge (BR) to analyze and generate purchase orders for original Replacement and Components (RC) stock items timely to avoid out of stock and/or excess inventory.
* Validate and maintain data on BR, regarding RC products, to assure the adequate output. This may include, but not be limited, to sales forecasts, special events, superseded products, lead time and standard pack quantities.
* Provide price and availability for RC special items upon request of Sales, Service and/or Warranty departments.
* Provide freight cost estimation for the shipment of the requested RC special items. Interaction with several forwarders will be needed in order to select the most cost-effective shipping method according customer needs.
* Validate special items requests with our inventory availability, and against excess/obsolete rules before processing those purchase orders.
* Process and transmit purchase orders for RC special items upon request of Sales, Service and or Warranty. Assure that shipping instructions are provided as intended.
* Assure costs are correct on purchase order before merchandise is received on our warehouses. Request cost update for NxTrend, and provide backup documents, when needed.
* Provide status of transmitted purchase orders, not received, to Sales, Service and/or Warranty departments upon request. Maintain communication with RC Customer Service Department, and/or freight forwarder when necessary.
* Request return material authorization (RMA) from RC when needed. Investigate and collect the necessary data to assure the return is approved. Follow up until RMA is received. Communicate with our Distribution Specialist to assure the return is shipped timely and according RMA instructions.
* Assist Planner Supervisor on BR purchase order processing when necessary and serve as backup during office time off.
* Assist on the freight cost log maintenance, and data accumulation, for annual freight factor calculation.
* Freight invoice validation, and cost distribution by departments, for RC shipment.
Carrier Enterprise is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CE offers a competitive total pay (plus bonus on sales incentives) and benefits package inclusive of health, dental, vision, life insurance and 401(k).
* Ideal: Graduated from Materials Management, Supply Chain, or related BA
* Minimum: Associate degree in Engineering Technology
Experience (similar position):
* Ideal: 2 years within the HVAC/R Commercial/ Residential Retail Industry
* Minimum: 2 years+ similar position in other Industry.
* Fluent in Spanish & English
* Able to write/read in English & Spanish
* Advanced knowledge and experience using computers
* Intermediate knowledge in MS Excel
* Intermediate knowledge in MS Outlook
* Intermediate knowledge in Power Point Outlook
* Inventory levels analysis skills
* Communication skills
* Knowledge of HVAC industry is preferable
* Focus on Results
* Business Judgement
* Forward Thinking
* Teamwork Oriented
* Interpersonal Abilities
Ability work 100% of the time on an office environment. Available to travel when requested.