This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/26/2020
END DATE 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONRetail Client Solutions Consultant
IRI is a leading provider of big data, predictive analytics and forward-looking insights that help CPG, OTC health care, retailers and media companies to grow their businesses. With the largest repository of purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data, all integrated on an on-demand cloud-based technology platform, IRI helps to guide its more than 5,000 clients around the world in their quests to remain relentlessly relevant, capture market share, connect with consumers and deliver market-leading growth. A confluence of major external events a revolution in consumer buying, big data coming into its own, advanced analytics and automated consumer activation is leading to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries. Ensure your business can leverage data at www.IRIworldwide.com.
* Exceed assigned revenue and achieve favorable data contract terms by over-delivering on insights, identifying opportunities to expand/ extend projects, and exceptionally serving the client.
* Understands dynamics of retailer relationship; balances IRI s role of purchaser of data and provider of data from an economic and relationship perspective.
* Maintains an ability to keep manufacturer and retailer perspective in mind at all times; able to think through multiple divergent paths and understand the implications on the client and IRI.
* Work as a strategic partner with an IRI client, serving as a leader of this critical relationship.
* Build rapid rapport with key client contacts and across functions within the IRI organization matrices.
* Consult with client to apply/maximize insights gleaned from IRI data including store data analysis, household purchase behavior analysis, surveys, audits, data modeling, in-market testing, and other custom projects.
* Serve as a passionate advocate for the client in order to build their businesses; this may involve advocating a sales strategy in a challenging environment.
* Leads effective problem solving with client and internal team.
* Structures and manages team work flow; leads deck development and delivery.
* Create indispensable, long-term, solution-focused consultative partnerships.
* Tie contractual and ad-hoc solutions to critical client issues.
* Participate in the development and management of the Client Engagement Model.
* Provide leadership on finding efficiencies across the team (cost savings, productivity, etc.).
* Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews and team leadership/development meetings.
* Coordinate client solutions across multiple IRI functions (i.e., Analytics, Technology Consulting, etc.).
* Incorporate internal IRI Subject Matter Experts into client relationships as appropriate. Coordinate client solutions across multiple IRI functions (i.e., Analytics, Technology Consulting, etc.).
In addition to the above skills set, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
* 8+ progressive years of experience.
* Deep knowledge of the retail domain (Food, Drug, Mass) and the channel-relevant issues.
* Incentive to seek out, engage, and apply learning opportunities.
* Ability to build and leverage mutually beneficial relationships internally.
* Demonstrated resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
* Demonstrated planning, leadership, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications.
* Demonstrated strong understanding of client issues.
* Strong analytic skills.
* Ability to develop creative ways to address business issues.
* Ability to inspire commitment and excellence and drive for results.
* Experience with IRI solutions.
* Able to effectively manage virtual and diverse teams.
* Financial management-manages to budget, understands account financial dynamics, suggests ways to be more efficient.
* Undergraduate degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
Consultative Negotiating & Selling: Applies knowledge of the business, industry and domain expertise to identify, create and close business opportunities
Impactful Presence: Demonstrates strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; presents a professional image
Analytic Capability: Demonstrates ability to analyze and interpret data and translate it into meaningful solutions for clients.
Cross-Functional Influence: Demonstrates effective team behaviors including informing others of relevant information, supporting team decisions, encouraging others to share ideas, effectively resolving conflicts, and establishing common client focused goals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The consultant will support the development, execution and engagement for a domestic retailer, which will include strategy, insights and P&L accountability. In addition, the incumbent will be chartered with creating indispensable partnerships with top retailers via a joint business planning process to include:
The development of robust data assets that support our retail strategy including Perishables, RCH, private label masking, syndicated convenience channel transaction database, mobile panel, and emerging channels.
Creation and delivery of differentiated thought leadership and solutions for Loyalty, Ecommerce, Supply Chain, Big Data, and Changing Shopper Dynamics.
Identify and lead support of innovative strategies to increase loyalty and build/enhance programs to increase frequency of trips and spend.
Leverage Quarterly Retail Thumbnail Initiatives and support the development a brilliant execution blueprint for winning in-store.
* The consultant will be the relationship owner/liaison between manufacturers and our retail clients. The consultant must have a strong understanding of the contemporary issues and needs facing retailers in the execution areas of shopper strategy, store experience, promotion and merchandising and trade partner collaboration.
* The consultant will act as a passionate advocate for the client in advancing solutions that will benefit the client s long-term business to maximize Shareholder Value.
* The consultant will advocate for the client to identify, prioritize and conceptualize actionable solutions based on broader business issues and collaborate cross-functionally to build and deliver solutions that exceed client expectations and are profitable to IRI.
Key SELECTION CRITERIA:
* 8+ years of progressive business experience with a strong understanding of manufacturer/retailer issues having worked in one or more of the following environments: Retailer (any channel); Consumer Packaged Goods; Brokerage
* Ability to develop and execute retailer relationship strategies and architect business proposals leveraging a cross functional team of service line experts by integrating IRI s services and solutions and aligning them with retailer-specific business needs
* Demonstrated ability driving C-level engagements across the broad spectrum of retail core issues (i.e. retail execution, merchandising, category management, marketing, etc.).
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.