R&D Documentation Specialist II 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company: Ansys
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The R&D Documentation Specialist II (Writer) creates written and video-based documentation (Help) for our mechanical simulation software. The Writer works with development engineers and other writers to describe the software functions, theory, and usage guidelines for a technical, international audience. We use a structured-authoring system to create on-line and PDF help, tutorials, examples, and short video demonstrations. The Writer works simultaneously on multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment with regular deadlines.
Submit a current resume and a letter of application (cover letter) addressing the specifics of this position.
* Produce effective Help for software features by gathering highly technical draft content from developers and transforming it into understandable, concise Help for the end-user
* Produce or assist in producing short videos. Video production can involve scripting, video-capture, voice-over, and video-editing tasks
* Collaborate with developers to address competing priorities, approaching deadlines, evolving feature designs, and missing or incomplete specifications
* Assume ownership of the complete Help production process, including gathering information, producing drafts and revisions, coordinating technical and editorial reviews, and performing detailed copyediting
* Strive to make our documentation system and documentation presentation state-of-the-art
* Bachelors Degree in Technical Communication, Technical Writing, or equivalent
* Four years or equivalent of experience developing technical documentation
* Proficiency in the English language with excellent written communication skills
* Persistence and extreme attention to detail
* Ability to anticipate the difficulties our customers will encounter while using our software
* Aptitude for analyzing technical information, distilling the concepts important to the end-user, and presenting those concepts in a concise, easy-to-understand style
* Comfort with a variety of software production tools, including version-control systems, structured-authoring systems, project-tracking software, video-production software, graphics-editing packages
* An additional degree in the mechanical, structural, or a similar stress-analysis engineering discipline
* Experience with ANSYS software
* Experience with finite element techniques, computational fluid dynamics, or simulation technologies
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
* Customer focus
* Results and Accountability
* Transparency and Integrity
* Sense of urgency
* Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It s about the what s next as much as the mission accomplished . It s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh