R&D Engineer, Staff 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Synopsys, we re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we re powering it all with the world s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
We re the world s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the most advanced emulator hardware on the planet, to enable our customers to build the silicon that powers our future.
Senior R&D Engineer
Weu0027re looking for Senior R&D Engineer to join our team.
Does this sound like a good role for you?
* BS/MS/PhD in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering or Science, or related areas
* 6+ years FPGA board/ x86 server/ workstation hardware system level related work experience
* Proficient in high-speed digital and mixed-signal FPGA/ x86-based PCB design, schematic capture, bring-up, debugging and NPI
* Wide knowledge of PCB layout, OrCAD/Allegro tools, circuit design, voltage regular, PCB structure, oscilloscope, and logic analyzer
* Quick learning and outstanding problem-solving capabilities; Excellent working quality and productivity
* System level architecture/spec definition and review
* High-density, high-speed serdes design and layout
* Multi-FPGA/ x86 board level design, pinout, MGT, layout guidance and debugging
* Backplane design experience
* PCI Express, DDR3/4, LPDDR, JTAG, I2C, SPI, PHY, SoC, flash, POL
* Optical transceiver modules
* Signal integrity analysis and constraints
* Power design, integrity analysis and constraints
* Responsible for schematic capture, layout checking, BOM generating, and debugging and testing of server boards / add-on cards / backplane products
* Collaborate with layout engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, and firmware engineers to discover and solve any engineering issues in early stage
* Prepare technical documentation including product specifications, layout instructions, test procedures
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.