Receptionist - Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/17/2020
END DATE 1/24/2020
Financial Institutions, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONFive Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Position Title: Receptionist/Admin
Reports To (Title): Commercial Lines & Marketing Manager Department: Insurance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose: The receptionist/admin position will be responsible for providing reception and front desk support for 300 Spindrift Dr. The receptionist position will also be responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries and special projects as assigned.
Scope and Direction
Area of Responsibility: Clerical support for staff and receptionist responsibilities
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
From (Title): Commercial Lines & Marketing Manager
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
To (Title(s)): N/A
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Receive visitors and ensures proper sign-in procedures are followed
2. Answer and distribute incoming calls to switchboard
3. Receives incoming mail from internal courier, United States Post Office and other delivery channels. Sorts and delivers mail to the various Departments located within the building. Assists in preparing outgoing mailings.
4. Responsible for preparing and maintaining the conference room schedules. Ensures that conference rooms are properly prepared and work with IT any equipment needed.
5. Assistant to the Managing Director as needed.
6. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star Bank experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
7. This job description is not exhaustive. The Receptionist position may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: High School diploma or equivalent
Required: Years: 1+ Type: Customer Service experience
Preferred: Years: 2+ Type: Administrative Assistant experience
Licenses or Accreditation:
Required: Specialty Area (if applicable):
Preferred: Specialty Area (if applicable):
1. Intermediate level with all Microsoft Office applications including the ability to learn new and existing insurance software, postage machine and phone system.
2. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Responds to requests for information in a timely and professional manner
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to walk around inside the building including negotiating stairs
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Able to lift up to 25lbs
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.