Receptionist, RHC Quitman, PRN, Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/4/2020
END DATE 7/19/2020
UT Health East
JOB DESCRIPTIONAdvancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Quitman, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Quitman Center is seeking an experienced RHC Receptionist. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our RHC department where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Answer all phone calls as to protocol with accuracy and appropriate timeliness
- Complete messages and place them in the appropriate areas for the employee
- Supervise the use of the overhead paging system while on duty and monitor overuse
- Coordinate patient/family, attending physician, Nursing Services, Business Office and referring professional or agency visitors by notifying the appropriate personnel of their arrival. Maintain awareness of the people in the lobby and their reasons for being there
- Communicate in clear and understandable manner to physicians, clinicians, UT Health staff, referral agencies, patients and families
- Understand all codes and announce codes per policy and procedures
So what experience are we looking for in our Receptionists?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a hospital or physician's office setting.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilitie.