Records Management Specialist 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
ASRC Federal Mission Services, a subsidiary of ASRC Federal, is seeking a Records Management Specialist 3 (RMS 3) to support our on-going programs at the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in San Francisco, CA.
ASRC Federal Mission Services holds a nationwide contract for library and records management services with the EPA. ASRC librarians, records managers and support staff collect, organize and maintain library and records materials; assist EPA and external customers with document delivery, reference and research services, etc.
Perform indexing and (potentially) scanning for the EPA and completion of assigned tasks as directed by the Records Information Manager 4 (RIM 4)/ Task Order Manager (TOM). Upon receiving training on the Versatile Enterprise / Versatile Web System, work to complete the task of indexing, scanning and/or filing of new and existing site files. Ensure compliance with accepted quality control standards for both indexing and scanning to ensure acceptable finished product.
* High School diploma required. College degree or three (3) years of records management /library related experience preferred.
* Background in performing records management practices, which include filing paper and electronic records by indexing and scanning documents into a records management system;
* Experience with various types of databases, records management software and/or scanning equipment and the ability to resolve scanning problems as the occur;
* Concern for detail and quality assurance requirements for both indexing and/or scanning;
* Ability to perform repetitive tasks with high degree of accuracy;
* Experience using Microsoft Business Tools Word and Excel;
Physical requirements: full range of arm movement (e.g., lifting above the head), ability to do data entry/ sit and stand for long periods of time, usage of step ladders to reach higher shelves, ability to lift at least 40 pounds in weight on a semi- daily basis, pushing or pulling up to 160 pounds of a cart, and the ability to bend, stoop, and kneel.