Regional Account Manager 10/18/2019
Mount Holly, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries. Clariant s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
Clariant Corporation is seeking a highly qualified account manager for its Industrial Lubricants business in North America. The account manager will bring the experience, skills, energy, and enthusiasm necessary to successfully achieve fast paced growth in the North American Industrial Lubricants market. Clariant s Industrial Lubricants market segment is a growing business delivering products and solutions to our customer base throughout the United States and Canada. The Industrial Lubricants business provides value based additives focusing on metal working fluids, metal cleaners, hydraulic fluids, and auxiliary end uses. Proven team and relationship building skills as well technical competence are critical for this position.
* Identify customer needs and opportunities which translate into new projects and sales.
* Develop business at existing and new customers enhancing a diverse account portfolio in line with the market segment s sales and profitability targets.
* Manage accounts of various size including distributors.
* Develop and achieve annual sales and profitability targets including customer price management and change implementation.
* Provide monthly demand forecasts based on customer projections.
* Maintain solid cash flow by ensuring invoices get paid within terms established.
* Participate in the negotiation of supply contracts and confidentiality agreements with strategic customers.
* Document relevant customer communication within Clariant s customer resource management (CRM) tool.
* Support the sales and market development of new products.
* Set and meet customer expectations for product performance and service.
* Interact with technical, customer service, supply chain, and other internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Minimum five years of experience developing and managing multi-level customer relationships and accounts in the industrial lubricants industry is required.
* Proven ability to identify, cultivate, and capture new and profitable opportunities required.
* Must be a highly self-motivated, organized individual possessing significant initiative to execute on account plans and business strategies to meet the objectives of the segment.
* Knowledge of surfactants and the metalworking fluids additives market is required.
* Bachelor s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or equivalent experience required.
* Position requires 50% - 60% travel in the US and Canada.
* Home office in the Midwest or Mid-Atlantic region is desirable.
Clariant ensures by adequate and documented processes, mechanisms, and policies that all employees are treated equal irrespective of gender, race, nationality, culture, religion, age, political views, or disability. With regard to the zero-tolerance approach of Clariant against any form of discrimination, regional and country HR departments have to ensure avoidance or elimination of any discrimination in work-related activities, particularly regarding remuneration, training, vocational guidance, and social security. Globally, the average basic salary of female employees was 96 % of that of the average male employee in 2017.