This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2019
END DATE 1/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONClariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company based near Basel in Switzerland. Last year the company recorded CHF 6.6 billion in sales harnessing the talents of its 18 000 employees across 53 countries. Clariant s portfolio is optimized for future growth, with a focus in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysts, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. We believe that our growth is all about our customers and their success. Investment in innovation capabilities and developing inspiring environments for courageous and determined minds are therefore key to reaching our goal. Join us and help create sustainable value through chemistry for customers all over the globe.
The Financial Controller provides financial partnership to our Natural Resources business with two manufacturing sites in the US. Amongst others, the position holder provides accurate and transparent financial information, identifies areas for efficiency improvements, implements best-practice processes and evaluates capital investment requirements.
* Supports management in developing strategy, business plans, and performance reviews
* Develops financial plans and forecasts and supports overall objective setting process
* Provides advise to business management on interpretation of operating results and trends
* Review key performance indicators to understand cost drivers and work with site management on implementation of cost reduction opportunities
* Proactively analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances and forecast derivation
* Preparation of production cost center planning and activity rates used in standard costing
* Provide accurate up-to-date standard costing and hence gross margin information, working with production management and master data teams to ensure costing reflects appropriate BOM and recipes
* Review production cost centers for accuracy and implement corrective measures as needed
* Provide detailed analysis of labor and utilities
* Support transfer pricing process as needed
* Assures internal controls are in place
* Master s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
* 7+ years of controlling experience with increasing levels of responsibility gained in a dynamic manufacturing environment
* Skilled in SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
* Strong understanding of product costing concepts, variance analysis and performance controlling
* Preferably experienced in activity- based costing
* Demonstrated team leadership and able to work with people across multiple functions
* Highest standards of accuracy and precision, highly organized
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
* CPA preferred
Clariant ensures by adequate and documented processes, mechanisms, and policies that all employees are treated equal irrespective of gender, race, nationality, culture, religion, age, political views, or disability. With regard to the zero-tolerance approach of Clariant against any form of discrimination, regional and country HR departments have to ensure avoidance or elimination of any discrimination in work-related activities, particularly regarding remuneration, training, vocational guidance, and social security. Globally, the average basic salary of female employees was 96 % of that of the average male employee in 2017.