Regional Lean Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/5/2020
END DATE 7/2/2020
Hanover Park, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Pentair currently has an opening for a Regional Lean Manager to join our team. This role can be based remotely, but ideally out of Illinois, Minnesota, or Ohio. In this role, the Regional Lean Manager will identify, plan, manage and deliver key business results related to process efficiencies, customer satisfaction, and employee development, across all business functions of his/her Strategic Business Unit. As a key team member of the corporate Lean Enterprise team, this person will be responsible for the development and deployment of Lean principles across global operations and extended value chain including supply chain and potentially customers. The Lean Manager will train and implement the lean principles throughout the organization. This position will work closely with all levels of the organization to ensure that best practices and continuous improvement are a part of our culture. He/she will work with management, customers, vendors, associates and internal support organizations to drive change. Work on key processes, identify systematic measurement and communicate project results. Most importantly, be a leader in helping to work on some the biggest issues and challenges within the business.
* Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization
* Pay competitively
* Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair s proven best practices
* Offer health benefits & coaching
* Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan
* Offer employee discounts
* Protect you with life insurance and other options
* Tell you more about all the great benefits just ask!
* Organize, plan and deliver team training based on the PIMS Lean principles throughout the whole Enterprise internal manufacturing operations, business functions, supply chain, and customers.
* Provide strategic lean leadership and tactical support to a specific SBU (division) and/or region.
* Design and implement lean processes and systems while following the PDCA cycle.
* Define measurable SQDCCP goals and objectives for lean activities.
* Actively develop and deploy CP2 (Culture, Process, Performance) across business.
* Build and facilitate multidisciplinary short and long term lean activities.
* Implement and follow up on lean improvements. Coach site and functional resources accordingly.
* Plan and execute projects of small to medium scope possess project management skills.
* Teach, coach and mentor process owners and leaders on how to sustain results.
* Identify and evaluate resource requirements to support lean implementations.
* Communicate plans, actions and results to the organization.
* Execute company strategy deployment associated with implementation of lean systems, in a fast-paced environment.
* Be a Liaison with management on PIMS Lean implementation.
* Promote and ensure lean practices throughout company and external suppliers.
* Participate, plan, facilitate and lead directly and indirectly in kaizen events.
* Participate in benchmark lean events and assessments with sister and external companies.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Have earned at least a Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Engineering, or other technical field.
* Have 5+ years of successful lean implementation experience with proven record of sustainable results.
* Enjoy challenging and fast-paced environment.
* Have broad business knowledge and the ability to link customer needs with business processes.
* Have demonstrable experience in fundamental lean tools and concepts (VSM, 5S, Std Work, Continuous Flow, Transactional (Office) Lean, etc.).
* Possess strong analytical problem solving skills (8 Step RCCM, 8D, DMAIC, etc.).
* Possess project management skills with the ability to support multiple projects and balance priorities through planning and execution.
* Have the ability to work independently and with all levels of managers and associates.
* Possess strong coaching, facilitation and organizational skills.
* Have a demonstrated ability to work successfully in complex and emerging business and project areas, leveraging interpersonal skills and technical skills to optimize results.
* Have an understanding of and proficiency in Change Management.
* Be proactive, creative and a hands-on change agent.
* Have team building and rapid execution abilities.
* Be a systems thinker who is passionate for lean principles.
* Have extensive experience leading Kaizen events that achieved value-stream or plant level improvements.
* Have managed the transformation of value streams or plants, by organizing Lean events, projects, and organizational changes necessary to achieve a sustained transformation.
* Be goal oriented and able to complete assignments on time with significant latitude and self-direction.
* Be proficient in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project, etc.).
* Possess excellent oral/written communication skills in the English language.
* Be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
WE LIKE, BUT DON T REQUIRE:
* Supervisory and/or management experience.
* Proficient in a second language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts on the factory floor, may need to work in an environment where the noise level could be moderate to very loud.
Must be available to travel primarily domestic Americas and also occasional international. Travel approximately 40-70% but varies based on initiatives ongoing. Can be higher based on project and/or support needs within business as well as specific geographic position.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.