Regional Sales Manager, Academic - DC, NJ, VA 6/5/2020
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REGIONAL SALES MANAGER, ACADEMIC - DC, NJ, VA
Date: Aug 1, 2020
Location: Richmond, VA, US, 23173
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Representative for a territory which includes the Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia and District of Columbia academic libraries. The Regional Sales Manager general responsibility will be to solicit prospective customers and present EBSCO resources to Academic libraries in DC/NJ/VA.
* Provide balanced sales coverage of accounts in your territory.
* Work in conjunction with the Sales Director and Account Executive.
* Achieve an established new sales quota each fiscal year for EBSCO Databases, SaaS & eBook subscriptions and perpetual sales.
* Have quotes prepared, literature sent, and coordinate with the Account Executive to set up trials when appropriate.
* Travel: (60%); including attendance of conferences and sales meetings as deemed necessary by Sales Management.
* Achieve an expert level of knowledge of EBSCO products and competition.
* Provide input from the market for product development and marketing purposes.
* Develop sales strategy for your region for overall sales of EBSCO products.
* Average 25 face-to-face visits per month with prospects and/or customers.
* Schedule an office day each Friday.
* Bachelors degree
* Two (2) years of true sales experience, previous experience selling into the schools and academic field is preferred.
* Experience communicating and selling to the College and University Libraries, Learning Centers and Office of Research.
* Ability and willingness to travel 60% depending on need and time of year.
* Ability to operate a company vehicle, subject to motor vehicle background check.
* Must have a valid driver s license and solid driving record.
* Must be located within the territory.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook
* Knowledge of CRM systems, WEBEX technology and Microsoft Teams
* Strong understanding of computers and research
* Strong organizational skills
* Travel experience in current position preferred, demonstrated by ability to prioritize and territory management.
* Cold calling experience
* Must have proven communication, follow-up, and sales skills
* Must demonstrate strong initiative
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF
Nearest Major Market: Richmond
Job Segment: Sales Management, Regional Manager, Manager, Marketing Manager, Sales, Management, Marketing Apply now .