Regional Technical Sales Account Manager - Crop Solutions, North America (31294)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/3/2019
END DATE 2/2/2020
Mount Holly, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONREFERENCE: 31294
Clariant is a focused and innovative specialty chemical company, based in Muttenz near Basel/Switzerland. On December 31, 2018 the company employed a total workforce of 17,901. In the financial year 2018, Clariant recorded sales of CHF 6.623 billion for its continuing businesses.
The company reports in four business areas: Care Chemicals, Catalysis, Natural Resources, and Plastics & Coatings. Clariant s corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation and R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
Clariant is seeking a dynamic individual with a strong technical orientation and expertise in the crop protection industry to strengthen its North American Crop Solutions team and market position. The agricultural industry is rapidly evolving demanding increasingly efficient and productive farming techniques that optimize yields and minimize environmental impact. Clariant seeks to help drive these efforts and is rapidly becoming a global and regional leader in the development of innovative crop production solutions. We seek a talented person to join our North American Crop Solutions team based in Charlotte, North Carolina to help identify and deliver new customer opportunities.
Clariant offers a broad range of adjuvants, surfactants, emulsifiers, dispersants, and solvents that improve the performance of herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and also have applicability for fertilizer, seed, soil conditioning, turf & ornamental and related end uses.
* New business development at multi-national and regional accounts
* Provide technical sales guidance with marketable formulation and application solutions that results in sales growth with existing and new customers
* Achieve annual sales and profitability targets
* Steward customer projects with regional and global technical teams
* Understand and anticipate customer needs, market trends for new business opportunities
* Cash flow improvement, ensuring invoices are paid promptly
* Documenting customer interactions in corporate customer relationship management tool
* Providing monthly product demand forecasts
* Participate and contribute to strategy development
* Setting and meeting customer expectations for product performance and service
* Interacting with customer service, product stewardship, and supply chain personnel to ensure customer satisfaction
* Negotiating supply terms and conditions
* Represent Clariant in alignment with the Clariant Core Values
* Bachelors or advanced degree in Chemistry, Agronomy or related field
* Team oriented, highly motivated self-starter with 5+ years agricultural chemical industry experience
* Strong oral, written and presentation (influence) skills.
* Strong active listening, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Experience developing and managing multi-level customer relationships and accounts in the agricultural and/or chemical industry preferred
* Ability to identify, cultivate, and capture new and profitable opportunities
* Knowledge of crop protection adjuvants and formulations strongly desired
* Ideal candidate will have a balance of lab (technical) and customer (account management) experience
* This position requires 50% or more travel across the Region visiting existing and new customers
Clariant ensures by adequate and documented processes, mechanisms, and policies that all employees are treated equal irrespective of gender, race, nationality, culture, religion, age, political views, or disability. With regard to the zero-tolerance approach of Clariant against any form of discrimination, regional and country HR departments have to ensure avoidance or elimination of any discrimination in work-related activities, particularly regarding remuneration, training, vocational guidance, and social security. Globally, the average basic salary of female employees was 96 % of that of the average male employee in 2017.