Regional Veterinarian - Indiana Region 12/20/2019
Clemens Food Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
REGIONAL VETERINARIAN - INDIANA REGION
Job Locations US-IN-Hagerstown
# of Openings Remaining
CVFF Regional Veterinarian
Welcome to Country View Family Farms! We re a progressive family owned company with deep roots in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Headquartered in Pennsylvania, we have operations in PA, IN, and MI. Known for being industry leaders in our practices and animal care, we live by our core values of ethics, integrity and stewardship.
Be Me Be Clemens
Country View Family Farms is a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group. Come grow with us as we continue to vastly expand our swine operations. Join a team of individuals passionate about agriculture.
We re Hiring a Regional Veterinarian for our Indiana Region. In this role, you will be responsible for the on farm veterinary support of the 65,000 sow system farrow-to-finish. Enjoy our progressive operations including electronic sow feeding (ESF), top-notch biosecurity practices, open pen gestation, along with half our herd being antibiotic free. You will report to the VP, Hog Production and will be a vital component of our daily operations, managing and providing oversight of the herd health program.
We Offer a competitive salary and bonus system based on performance, along with a comprehensive benefit program including medical, dental, prescription coverage, short-term disability, life insurance as well as paid time off and educational assistance. In addition, we offer a generous Sharing Plan, which includes a 401k with company match, and profit sharing.
What You Would Be Doing
* Establishes and monitors compliance to disease surveillance programs
* Investigates health challenges
* Provide all regulatory documentation
* Review and approve animal health and care SOPs
* Provide hands-on training to CVFF production team on health and welfare programs
* Manage and maintain pharmaceutical company relationships
* Perform monthly on farm health evaluations for multiplication flows
* Issue veterinarian feed directives
* Review and interpret diagnostic lab reports
* Budget and forecast medications, vaccinations, animal welfare and veterinarian services quarterly
* Maintain PQA records and expiration dates and conduct PQA trainings
* Participate and represent CFG in industry animal care groups.
This Role is for You if:
* You have a Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine or equivalent with the ability to attain veterinary licenses in the states of business.
* You have the ability to: set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstance.
* You have the ability to: analyze all aspects of a situation to gain thorough insight to make decisions; identify and evaluate resources; apply problem solving abilities; be objective and fairly evaluate the different aspects of a situation.
* You are able to establish a process for activities that lead to the implementation of systems, procedures or outcomes.
* You are available for overnight travel 1 week a month.
* You have skills to maneuver and utilize the functions of Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* You are multi-task oriented and a team player.
* You understand that the Company is a producer of high quality pork and be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat
* You are committed to meeting and exceeding industry standards in care and welfare of our animals.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.