Registered Dietitian 5/7/2020
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The primary responsibility of this position is to complete nutrition assessments and support dietary managers with regulatory compliance.
* Assess understanding and implementation of Avamere dietary systems at assigned facilities.
* Assess special nutritional needs of geriatric and physically impaired residents.
* Review menus and monitor food services operations to assure that the residents receive adequate nutrition.
* Educate and train the Dietary Managers to maximize their performance in documentation, RAI process, budgetary guidelines, management, sanitation guidelines and other areas of work.
* Advise and recommend changes and implement new policies and procedures, and assist the Dietary Managers in implementing and educating their staff of these changes.
* Make regularly scheduled visits to each facility; must be available by telephone for consultation to other staff during all normal business hours.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm and a calm and cheerful environment.
* Bachelor s degree from an accredited university in Nutrition, Dietetics, or a related field.
* Registered by the CDR, the credentialing agency for dietetics professionals.
* Strong experience as a Dietician or Dietary Manager in a healthcare setting.
* Familiarity with applicable state and federal guidelines.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Must have a valid driver s license and dependable vehicle for transportation.
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.