Registered Nurse: Bone Marrow Transplant ICU 6/5/2020
Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REGISTERED NURSE: BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT ICU
Requisition #: 251783
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 4, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Bone Marrow Transplant ICU, Weinberg 5C,is a16-bed adult intensive care unit. On this unit you will care for patients with hematological malignancies who are receiving bone marrow transplants, critically ill oncology patients, and patients with solid tumor diagnosis. Our hematologic malignancy and hematology patients have access to some of the most innovative and advanced therapies in the world. Because Kimmel Cancer Center research scientists and clinicians closely work together, new drugs and treatments developed in the research laboratory are quickly transferred to the clinical setting, offering patients improved therapeutic options and the chance to participate in innovative clinical trials.
Shifts: 12 Hour Rotating, Day / Night, Shifts
* BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
* Applicants with an Associate s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire.
* Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
* BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
* RN work experience required
* Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Join The Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing team and become part of a patient centered collaborative work environment at a world renowned, Magnet designated, academic medical facility. Our nurses are committed to patient safety, clinical excellence, optimizing outcomes through evidenced based practice, and life-long learning.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.