RN Med-Surg Float Pool 11/24/2019
Cartersville Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER - CARTERSVILLE, GA
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - FLOAT POOL/MED-SURG - FT NIGHTS
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you'll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Health grades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at LakePoint Sports Complex; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville.
Cartersville Medical Center is a 119 - bed acute care hospital, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at The Women's Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.id
Come join our winning team, this position will play a key part in continuing our success!
THE FLOAT POOL AT CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER:
* This position assesses patients (on the unit to which the RN is assigned) for educational, physiological, psychosocial, comfort and safety needs. Plans and coordinates care. Performs treatments, procedures, and administers medication within state Registered Nurse practice guidelines. Follows up with other associates and other departments, as necessary.
* Primary purpose of the Float Pool is to fill in for sick calls and times of high census or to cover for LOA's. Required to float to all nursing units where competencies have been completed.
* Registered nurses, physicians from many specialties and many other healthcare professionals collaborate to form a diagnosis, treatment and discharge plan for each individual patient.
CARTERSVILLE MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a REGISTERED NURSE (RN) - FLOAT POOL/MED-SURG - FT NIGHTS
FT NIGHT POSITION - PREMIUM PAY IF OFFERED AT $38/HR PLUS $4/HR NIGHT DIFFERENTIAL. EXPECTED TO WORK EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.
* Responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care of all assigned Med/Surg patients, infant through life span.
* Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
* Promotes customer service initiatives.
* Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
* Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
* Documents all patient care using Meditech.
* Two years of nursing experience required with experience on Med/Surg in acute care hospital
* Outstanding customer service abilities and effective listening skills
* Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with a current GA RN license
* BLS Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion
* ACLS Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
* PALS Certification required within 6 months of hire or promotion
ARMY MOS - 66W or 66NAir Force AFSC - 46NX and 46FX
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.