Registered Nurse -Home Health MCH JNESO 8/22/2020
Mount Laurel, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REGISTERED NURSE -HOME HEALTH MCH JNESO
JOB ID R1016796 TYPE PD LOCATION Mount Laurel, New Jersey STANDARD HOURS 0
Virtua Health, a Magnet-recognized health system ranked by U.S. News and World Report, has received many awards for quality, safety, and its outstanding work environment. As a High Reliability Organization, Virtua Health has systems in place that makes us consistent in accomplishing our goals and avoiding potentially catastrophic errors. As South Jersey s largest health system, we are committed to the mission of helping people be well, get well, and stay well and average more than one million patient encounters each year. Virtua s 14,000 employees provide comprehensive care at 5 hospitals and more than 280 other locations, in addition to bringing health services directly into communities through home health, rehabilitation, mobile screenings, and its paramedic program. The Philadelphia Business Journal named Virtua #1 Best Place to Work in the DELAWARE VALLEY (2018 & 2019) in the 1,000-employee plus category. Virtua has been elected to the Philadelphia Business Journal's Best Place to Work Hall of Fame.
Here is an opportunity to join the Home Care Department of Virtua Health where caring is at the core of our nursing culture. Virtua Home Care is a large, Medicare-certified home health agency that provides multidisciplinary skilled services in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties.Nurses are assigned to care teams in designated geographical territories. We are currently seeking a nurse to work predominately in Burlington County. As a Home Health Maternal Child Health RN, you will provide post-partum and newborn assessments and teaching for well mothers and babies in their homes. Care will also include mothers and newborns who require skilled nursing follow up for post-partum and neonatal complications. At Virtua, patient safety, evidence-based care, specialty certifications, shared governance and just culture are the distinguishing attributes that set us apart from the others.
Responsible for assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care through outcome identification and evidence based - practice for the patient in their homes.
Coordinates patient care and communicates and collaborates extensively with other members of the healthcare team, patients, patient families and significant others to develop the plan of care.
Supervises the Home Health Aide in the home.
Promotes delivery of quality care and efficient utilization of agency resources.
* Conducts comprehensive patient assessments incorporating psychosocial and physiological status as well as health behaviors, compliance with therapeutic regime and technical procedures.
* Coordinates plan of treatment with the physician through timely and appropriate communication with the physician.
* Administers, monitors, and documents therapeutic interventions and regimes.
* Demonstrates complete knowledge of established standards for documentation, use of point of service devise, and time frames for completion.
* Educates patient and family / significant other regarding disease process, individual care needs, wellness, medications, safety issues, etc.
* Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to establish the plan of care.
* Maintains standard precautions and patient safety principles.
* Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities.
* Maintains professional and departmental level competencies.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Must have a valid NJ RN License. Approved licenses must be presented and maintained in accordance with the State of New Jersey Licensing Board.
1 - 2 years recent work experience in a hospital i.e. Med/Surg, E.R., OB/GYN, Peds, MICU, CCU or other specialty units and/or one year recent community health experience.
Broad knowledge of nursing practice and ability to apply specific skills in the home health setting.
Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.