Registered Nurse II-Cath Lab/EP - Fulltime 6/4/2020
Parkland Health and Hospital System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer experience in cardiovascular and electrophysiology laboratory/invasive procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in circulating and monitoring Cath Lab or Electrophysiology procedures.
- Prefer Intensive Care/Emergency Department experience with residency/consortium course work completed.
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary license with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
- Must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
- May be required to have additional specialty certifications. - External candidates must pass (80% or above) Cardiac Cath Lab's assigned challenge exam(s).
- Internal candidates changing specialties must pass (80% or above) Cardiac Cath Lab's assigned challenge exam(s).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care for assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards. - Must successful complete Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump (IABP) course within three months of employment. - Must have basic EKG skills. - Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care. - Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care. - Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills. - Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures. - May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system. - Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and serve on rotation as a Relief Charge Nurse. - Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs. - Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors. - Must demonstrate clinical proficiency in cardiac care. - Must be able to function independently as a circulating nurse or monitoring nurse during cardiac catheterization, coronary stenting, diagnostic electrophysiology, angioplasty, pacemaker/defibrillator implantation. - Must demonstrate skill in the operation of the following equipment: Hemochron, oximeter, hemodynamic monitoring, intra-aortic balloon pump, power injector, Intravascular Ultrasound (IVUS), and Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR). - As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area. - Must be available to work on-call rotation/schedule.
PARKLAND HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED ON AGE (40 OR OVER), RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL BELIEF, OR VETERAN STATUS.