REGISTERED NURSE (MV 100 - 16/8)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/14/2019
END DATE 12/12/2019
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONOne of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Laurel Ridge Treatment Center is seeking a dynamic and talented Registered Nurse. To learn more about Laurel Ridge Treatment Center go to www.laurelridgetc.com.
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care and management of adults (ages 18+), adolescents (ages 12-18) or children (ages 4-12) as prescribed by the physician and treatment team; to provide medical management and assessment as prescribed by a physician or physician assistant; to provide safety and crisis management for patient populations.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Provides leadership and direction to Mental Health Workers and LVNs
2. Assesses patient/resident care.
3. Administers medication and medical treatment as prescribed by a physician or physician s assistant.
4. Provides structure to and assists in maintaining the therapeutic milieu.
5. Documents nursing care and treatment progression using the multi-disciplinary treatment plan.
6. Implements nursing and milieu care.
7. Initiates and account for special treatment procedures.
8. Assesses, intervenes and directs staff in psychiatric and/or medical crisis situations.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of appropriate nursing assessment, diagnosis, and intervention with psychiatric patients. Ability to accurately administer medication and monitor side effects. Knowledge of milieu management. Ability to delegate responsibility to other staff and monitor their performance. Ability to safely implement special treatment procedures. Skill in developing therapeutic relationships with adults, children, adolescents and their families. Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate medical record documentation.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Prefer BSN.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Current Texas State Registered Nurse license. Current Texas Driver's license, CPR certification.
EXPERIENCE: One-year inpatient psychiatric experience with adults or residential experience with children or adolescents preferred.
* Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination, and ability to run.
* Ability to assist in restraint of a patient.
* Lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to perform CPR and ability to drive a vehicle.
* Walks 6+ hours per day, frequently standing, bending, stooping and reaching to check or move equipment and assist patients.
* Hearing and vision sufficient to perform essential functions.
* Emotional stability necessary to perform essential functions.
* Must be able to speak clearly and write legibly.
This opportunity provides the following:
* *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
* Competitive Compensation
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan (if applicable)
* 401k plan with company match (if applicable)
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Relocation benefits (if applicable)
* Bonus opportunity (4,000.00)
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.