Registered Nurse (RN) - Anticoagulation 9/2/2020
Pen Bay Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* Position Summary
* The scope of the Anticoagulation Therapy Services includes: Ambulatory Clinic, Inpatient, Home Health, Long Term and Skilled Care patient populations within the Pen Bay Healthcare organization. Anticoagulation Services are provided under the direction of and in collaboration with the Medical Director or their designee. Anticoagulation Services are provided utilizing pre- established clinical guidelines, patient assessment, INR result trending, and the knowledge base of the Anticoagulation Management Certification Program from the University of Southern Illinois.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current licensure with the State of Maine Board of Nursing.
* License/Certifications: Anticoagulation Management Certification form the University of Southern Illinois within six months of hire. BLS is required.
* Experience: Minimum of five years acute care experience preferred. Experience utilizing clinical guidelines independently preferred.
* Demonstrates competency with Standing Stone documentation software within six weeks of hire.
* Demonstrates the ability to function successfully within all patient populations within six months of hire.
* Articulates elements of professional practice and demonstrates:
* Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and Patient and Family Centered Care
* Understanding of teamwork and collaboration
* Effective verbal/written communication skills
* Knowledge of process improvement and sound safety strategies
* Competence with computer applications
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.