Registered Nurse (RN)/Critical Care Float 6/5/2020
Franklin Community Health Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* Position Summary
* The Critical Care Registered Nurse floats to the ICU, Emergency Department and Critial Care units. Coordinates total nursing care for patients ranging in age from infants to the elderly, as appropriate and within scope of nursing practice. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: BSN degree preferred.
* License/Certifications: Active State of Maine Nursing license. Current in Critical Care preferred. PALS or equivalent. IV certification.
* Experience: 3 - 5 years of experience in Critical Care preferred.
* Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions
* Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff
* Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination
* Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results
* Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients
* Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations
* Proficient computer skills
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.