Registered Nurse (RN) ICU Seasonal 8/21/2020
Medical City McKinney
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
SEASONAL REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
SEASONAL PROGRAM RUNS AUGUST 2ND 2020 T0 APRIL 24TH 2021
SEASONAL RN RATE: $57.00 PER HOUR
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
COMPLETION BONUS $4,000: Paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period.
WORK SCHEDULE: PRN (MUST BE FLEXIBLE). All Seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period. Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period. During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts. Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
The ICU RN performs direct care for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the scope of the Registered Nurse Practice Act, with emphasis on the Cardiovascular Service Line.
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS):
* Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
* Current licensure by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
* Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course within 6 months of employment will be REQUIRED.
* Minimum of two years experience in Critical Care in an acute care hospital setting within the last 3 years REQUIRED.
* CCRN PREFERRED.
* Experience with high acuity ICU medical/surgical patients is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.