Registered Nurse (RN) - Infectious Disease Unit, Nelson 4
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/6/2020
END DATE 7/8/2020
Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONREGISTERED NURSE (RN) - INFECTIOUS DISEASE UNIT, NELSON 4
Requisition #: 246803
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time Nursing (36 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 5, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Hospital's Nelson 4 unit is a 23-bed medical unit which primarily cares for infectious disease, pulmonary hypertension, cystic fibrosis, and lung transplant patients. There is a comprehensive & collaborative team of providers, patient care coordinators, nurses, social workers, customer service representatives, & unit associates. The unit also has the opportunity to enjoy great relations with support disciplines and departments including home health, pharmacy, nutrition, transport, and environmental care.
There is a nurturing environment for new staff with specialized education for HIV and pulmonary diseases. The staff on Nelson 4 are positive, hard-working, and excited to be building their team. Interested in professional development opportunities* Nelson 4 may be just right for you!
Shifts: 12 hour day/night rotating shifts
* BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program
* Applicants with an Associate s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire
* Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
* BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
* RN experience required (1 year acute care experience preferred)
* Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.