Registered Nurse (RN), Operating Room, Bucks Ambulatory Surgery Center, 40 hours bi-weekly
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2019
END DATE 9/6/2019
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONS-BUCKS CT - Bucks County Specialty Care Req ID: 26764
Employment Status: AP - Active - Regular - Part Time JOB SUMMARY
This is a part time position, typically five 8 hour shifts per two week pay period at the Bucks County location. Practices at the level of a competent to proficient practitioner of pediatric, family- centered nursing. The nurse at this level demonstrates competence in the safe care for patients with complex problems. This nurse also demonstrates clinical leadership skills through contribution to standards of care and unit/organizational goals and uses the shared governance structure to actively advance patient care. Serves as a role model for the other staff and a preceptor for new employees. This nurse participates in endeavors to increase nursing knowledge including the use of evidence based practice and the development of research skills. Provides care in a cost effective manner. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs the duties and responsibilities of a pediatric Perioperative nurse in the intra-operative phase of care including age appropriate physical assessment, effective intra-operative case management, including age appropriate physical assessment, airway protection, effective pain management, and effective post procedure teaching.
* Practices in a professional manner which adheres to the Nurse Practice Act of the state in which the ASF is located.
* Actively participates in the daily operations of the ASF. Chairs and/or participates in unit/departmental PPM council.
* Maintains competency in all aspects of care, including the point of care testing program. Demonstrates health care informatics competency in order to manage patient care, outcome data and current and emerging health care technology, which includes:
* Basic computer competency, including the effective use of patient care devices, computers, computer software programs such as e-mail and word processing programs, and shared network file space.
* Information literacy, including the effective use of the intranet and internet to find electronic resources for patient care, nursing practice and evidence-based decision-making.
* Information management skills, including the effective use of the electronic health record and clinical information systems, the ability to collect clinical data using quality tools and the ability to discuss, evaluate and analyze outcome data presented in charts and tables.
5. Commits to lifelong learning: identifies and meets learning needs to continually develop over time. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
RN - Registered Nurse
BLS - Basic Life Support
PALS - PALS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Graduation from an ACEN and/or CCNE accredited school of nursing or college. According to the CMS (Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services) a copy of diploma or transcript is required as proof of academic achievement for all non-laboratory personnel performing non-waived POC testing.
Required Experience: At least 2 years prior Operating Room nursing experience. PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Preferred Education: BSN.
Preferred Experience: Pediatric experience preferred. Active participation in a professional organization preferred.
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: ACLS. ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
* Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
* Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
* Use of shared network file space.
* Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
* Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
* Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
* Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
* Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
* Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
* Navigation of the electronic health record system.
* Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
* Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
* Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
* Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146