Registered Nurse (RN)-Recovery-ACT Access 6/5/2020
Maine Behavioral Healthcare
South Portland, ME
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY Position Summary
* The nurse works with individuals, families, groups and communities assessing mental health needs, developing a comprehensive plan of care, assisting in the implementation of the treatment plan, and evaluating the response to care. In addition, the nurse works closely with the team's attending Psychiatrist to review compliance and meet regulator expectations for the team. The nurse in the outpatient setting supports the mission, vision and values of Spring Harbor Hospital, a division of Maine Behavioral Healthcare. He/She adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Maine State Board of Nursing and further follows the guidelines defined in the Spring Harbor Hospital's Standard of Care and Policies and Procedures. Additional the nurse abides by the standards of care as defined by the specialty's professional organization, the American Psychiatric Nurse's Association.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a graduate of an accredited Nursing program required.
* License/Certifications: N/A
* Experience: 1+ year of psychiatric nursing experience preferred. Previous experience working with clients who are mentally ill and/or have substance abuse issues.
* Knowledge of counseling theory, physical and psychological effects of mental illness and substance abuse preferred
* Knowledge of psychosocial, mental health and vocational assessments preferred
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.